Last Updated: May 21, 2015
Following is a list of the properties that belong to a jobcode object, and a description of each.
- Integer. Read-only. Id of jobcode.
- Integer. Id of this jobcode's parent. 0 if it's top-level.
- String. Name of the jobcode. Must be unique for all jobcodes that share the same
- String. This is a shortened code or alias that is associated with the jobcode. It may only consist of letters and numbers. Must be unique for all jobcodes that share the same
parent_id. If the Dial-in Add-on is installed, this field may only consist of numbers since it is used for jobcode selection from touch-tone phones.
- String. 'regular', 'pto', 'paid_break', or 'unpaid_break'. Indicates jobcode type. Additional types may be added in the future.
This property may only be set when adding a jobcode.
'pto' type jobcodes are used for PTO (Paid Time Off, i.e. Vacation, Holiday) time entries. They are only allowed with a parent_id of 0 (top-level).
'paid_break' and 'unpaid_break' type jobcodes are used in conjunction with the Breaks Add-On. These types of jobcodes may not be created/edited via the API. They are managed via the Breaks Add-On.
- Boolean. true or false. Indicates whether this jobcode is billable or not.
- Float. Dollar amount associated with this jobcode for billing purposes. Only effective if
billable is true.
- Boolean. Read-only. true or false. If true, there are jobcodes that exist underneath this one, so this jobcode should be treated as a container or folder with children jobcodes underneath it.
- Boolean. true or false. Indicates whether this jobcode is assigned to all employees or not.
- Array. Read-only. Ids of customfields that should be displayed when this jobcode is selected on a timecard.
- Object. Read-only. Displays which customfielditems should be displayed when this jobcode is chosen for a timesheet. Each property of the object is a customfield id with its value being an array of customfielditem id (NOTE: if empty, we just return an empty string instead of an empty object).
- Boolean. true or false. If true, this jobcode is active. If false, this jobcode is archived. To archive a jobcode, set this field to false. When a jobcode is archived, any children underneath the jobcode are archived as well. Note that when you archive a jobcode, any jobcode assignments or customfield dependencies are removed.
To restore a jobcode, set this field to true. When a jobcode is restored, any parents of that jobcode are also restored.
- String (ISO8601 format). Read-only. Date/time when this jobcode was last modified (i.e. 2004-02-12T15:19:21+00:00).
- String (ISO8601 format). Read-only. Date/time when this jobcode was created (i.e. 2004-02-12T15:19:21+00:00).